The month of September has some distinct characteristics – school is back in session, football is well underway and the temperatures are starting to drop. Another characteristic of this month is that there are a ton of bargains to be had if you’re shopping for the right things.
Here are nine things you can get deals on in September.
- Holiday Airfaire – Planning to fly during the holiday season? Now is the time to secure those plane tickets! Prices tend to start creeping up in mid-October.
- Nursery Plants, Shrubs and Trees – By September, nurseries are clearancing plants, shrubs and trees to make room for fall plants but also to prepare for the winter season. It’s better for them to negotiate on the price than to lose perishable plants to cold weather!
- Outdoor Furniture and Grills – The same goes for outdoor furniture and grills. Retailers are actively working this time of year to move out the door any seasonal items they have remaining.
- Bicycles – Thinking about taking up cycling? Maybe your kid needs a new bike. The season for riding bicycles in Ohio is nearing an end and many big box stores are eager to slim down their inventory until holiday gift buying begins again.
- Pool Supplies – Get a head start on next year’s pool season but snagging bargains on pool gear or even a prefab pool right now!
- Luggage – Labor Day weekend typically means sales on luggage. Catch a deal on new bags and suitcases for holiday travel or tuck them away for Christmas gifts!
- Summer Apparel – Sales on summer shoes and clothes have been going on for several weeks but remaining items are deeply discounted by September. Stock up on those summer essentials like flip flops, sunglasses, tanks and shorts!
- Large Appliances – Labor Day also ushers in large appliance season. Look for deals on energy efficient appliances that will save you money in the long run. Many manufacturers will be introducing new models soon and stores are working to clear out last year’s inventory.
- Cars – Another industry working to clear out inventory is the automobile industry. Next year’s model cars are already hitting the lots and dealerships need to clear out the old to make room for the new! VCNB can help you with this. Either contact your local branch to discuss your loan or tell the finance department at your dealership that you wish to finance with VCNB. They can take care of the application right from their desk!
What do you always look for in September? Share your tips in the comments section!